Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Nesting

Fall seems to find me feeling slightly more domestic than normal. I'm cooking more (and better) meals, getting the laundry folded and ready for kids to take in a more timely manner (I'm never bad about washing and drying, it's the folding that can get me). Have more energy for picking up and "taking care" of my family in a more traditional manner than I do at other times of the year. I really enjoy it. Reminds me that although I have felt good about being a productive workforce participant these last 10 years, I would have likely been as happy to continue to stay home even after kids were in school... or maybe to have lived a couple generations ago when that was possible. Now, however, Chris is home and I'm at work.

Crops are coming out of the field ever so slowly and I'm hoping for a nice long Indian Summer. With some heat, please.

Reading Brenda's post this morning http://bkirkeby.blogspot.com/ I found a note of harmony in her feelings on facebook. I find myself checking in a couple times a day and yet staying more in the wings. Unsure of commenting - never wanting to come of sounding too weird or in anyway judgmental or whatever - and also caught wishing some would post more while others much less. And I wonder how other's feel about the frequency or lack thereof in my posting. But I do enjoy looking at everyone's pictures; starting to feel like I have an idea what is going on in my classmates lives. I have been really pleased to have found classmates from all three High Schools I attended - Wausau West HS, Sheridan HS and Decorah HS - as well as both colleges - Cottey and UNI. Many of the people I remember best are on Facebook and that has been fun. I am however, ready to give up the daily addiction of my games! The kids will be surprised to hear that.....

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

this was a fun post to read. I think it doesn't matter how often any of us post. it is what is it and it is just fun.