Sunday, January 30, 2011

My week ending in a "5"

So, I have a milestone-ish birthday this week...  45.  I can't quite wrap my brain around that number.  Even harder?  M'Lynn and Erica are half way through their 19th year...  20.  Now that's a big number!  Alecia will turn 18 this year and Brody's voice is changing and will get his learner's permit this summer.  Big numbers...

But, inside?  Not big numbers!  Young!  I admit sometimes my joints don't want to keep up, and my energy doesn't keep up with my plan.  I'm hopeful, though, that treatment for Lyme will put those things in line.

The weekend has been restful, which I'm finding is more necessary than just "nice to have".  Still got the laundry done, and some cleaning, but also a nap yesterday and some quiet time this afternoon.  Otherwise, by Wednesday, life has used up the energy fighting Lyme has left over.  Did that last week; not going to do it two weeks in a row.

Yesterday's highlight was prom dress shopping with M'Lynn and Alecia.  Last daughter's last prom.  After this, it will be the quick and painless rental of a tux.  I'm so glad to have enjoyed all of these trips and trying on dresses and savoring those moments.  Dress shown below; but needs taking in from the hips up and might get a little extra bling.  Good thing her bf's mother does dress alterations for a living!!  :-)


No comments: