Thursday, September 3, 2009

Here goes...

I've had this profile for quite a while now... have even had blog type posts in my head off and on and never made the time to actually write them. I'm not sure what is motivating me at this moment to ignore the things on my to-do list to start typing, but here I am. :-)

Lots of things going on in our corner of the world right now. Praying constantly for my sister and brother-in-law and my dear friend Cathy and her hubby Jim (http://cancerstatus4jim.blogspot.com/)

M'Lynn & Erica have just turned 18 and started their final year of High School. The reality of them leaving home a year from now is sinking in, and I'm very happy & proud to say I will miss them - they are fun to hang around with.

Alecia is enjoying her Junior year and is job hunting... wanting to earn the money to go to New York with the Orchestra over Spring Break. I'm pleased that she asked me to put my name in as a chaperon and excited about the possibility of going along.

Brody is days away from turning 12, and quickly turning himself into Dad's right hand man with the farming. Watching him operate machinery and do things on his own makes me feel like he's growing more quickly than even I was ready for...

Fall is quickly approaching, and we have some challenges ahead on the farm... a broken underground water line that is not quite all the way fixed as of yet, half of the roof to re-shingle and Chris on the DL with some bad tendinitis in his right arm, and a whole host of projects that need paint and/or repair. Prioritize. That's just what we'll have to do. I've volunteered, rather timidly, to help on the roof. It is, by the way, approximately 30 feet in the air and I'm not great on a ladder. Chris thinks I'd be more of a hindrance than a helper. I have to admit he's probably right.

After going to see Julie & Julia last night, I was tempted to challenge myself into making this a record of something - maybe a place to keep me motivated in loosing weight. I've since decided that life is challenge enough and I'll simply post when the mood strikes and see what kind of habit it becomes.


1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

maybe I should come take pics of you on the roof!?!?! ha ha! Glad to see you bloggin! *smile*